The 2019 FIS World Championships are headed to Utah!
The world’s best snowboard, freeski, and freestyle athletes are headed to Utah next February for the 2019 FIS Snowboard, Freestyle & Freeski World Championships. Three of Utah’s world-renowned resorts - Park City Mountain, Deer Valley® Resort, and Solitude Mountain Resort - will play host to what is expected to be the strongest World Championships ever, attracting over 700 athletes from 36 nations.
Utah will showcase a record 15 World Championship medal events over 10 days. They will be held on seven different competition venues at the three resorts. Two events will be contested for the first time at World Championships, big air skiing and team aerials, following approvals this past week by the FIS Congress. It will be the largest international event in Utah since the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
“Our objective with the FIS World Championships is to bring the very best athletes in the world to Utah and show them a great celebration of sport,” said organizing committee chair Calum Clark of U.S. Ski & Snowboard. “This has been a true community event with outstanding partnership from the resorts and organizations like the Park City Chamber/Bureau and Utah Sports Commission.” “Utah’s Olympic legacy venues continue to showcase the highest level of sport 16 years later,” said Clark. “With a schedule featuring strong weekend events and 40% of our schedule under the lights, it’s a great opportunity for fans to see the best athletes in the world compete.”
A detailed schedule of starting times will be announced later. Every event will be broadcast live to the world with a domestic schedule to be released this fall. Additional information can be found at 2019WorldChamps.com.
2019 World Championships // Schedule of Events:
- Friday, February 1
- Snowboardcross, Solitude Mountain Resort
- Saturday, February 2
- Skicross, Solitude Mountain Resort
- Opening ceremony, big air skiing and fireworks, Canyons Village at Park City Mountain (night)
- Sunday, February 3
- Team snowboardcross, Solitude Mountain Resort
- Monday, February 4
- Parallel giant slalom snowboard, Park City Mountain
- Tuesday, February 5
- Parallel slalom snowboard, Park City Mountain
- Big air snowboarding, Canyons Village at Park City Mountain (night)
- Wednesday, February 6
- Slopestyle skiing, Park City Mountain
- Freestyle aerials, Deer Valley® Resort (night)
- Thursday, February 7
- Freestyle team aerials, Deer Valley® Resort (night)
- Friday, February 8
- Halfpipe snowboarding, Park City Mountain
- Freestyle moguls, Deer Valley® Resort (night)
- Saturday, February 9
- Halfpipe skiing, Park City Mountain
- Dual moguls, Deer Valley® Resort (night)
- Sunday, February 10
- Slopestyle snowboarding, Park City Mountain
- Closing street party and concert, Historic Main Street, Park City (night)